When it comes to comfort food, it’s hard to beat classic Chicken Pot Pie. This undeniably comforting recipe features a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce and a hearty mix of chicken and vegetables. Not to mention, this easy-to-make recipe requires little skill, making it a great pick for beginner cooks. Satisfy your hunger tonight with this beloved recipe!
• 1 box refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
• 1/3 cup butter or margarine
• 1/3 cup chopped onion
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
• ½ cup milk
• 2 ½ cups shredded cooked chicken or turkey
• 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
1. Heat oven to 425°F. Prepare pie crusts as directed on the box using a 9-inch glass pie pan.
2. In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until tender.
3. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until well blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
4. Stir in chicken and mixed vegetables. Remove from heat.
5. Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pan. Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
6. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. During the last 15 to 20 minutes of baking, cover crust edge with strips of foil to prevent excessive browning.
7. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Hunters Point Apartments in College Station, Texas, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!